Banksy in Bristol

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:49 15 Jun 2009

Having had to go to Bristol today, I thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and go to the Banksy exhibition at the City Museum. I have never seen such queues to see any exhibition that I've been to and the place was stuffed full.

The exhibition is one of the best and most thought provoking that I have seen and judging by the reactions of the rest of the crowd, I was not alone (I have never seen such a strong visual response to any exhibition). The exhibits are a visual feast and although there are 2 main areas downstairs, there are many exhibits slipped in among the other artifacts, especially in the art gallery. Although I do particularly like Arts & Crafts period painting this exhibition was so animated and clever that I rate it better than any exhibition that I have so far seen.

If you are in or near Bristol I can thoroughly recommend going to see it and it is free (on until end of August but weekends will be extraordinarily busy).

G

Forum Editor 19:04 15 Jun 2009

I was there today, too.

Absolutely superb - best thing I've seen for ages, and top marks to the Museum Director who took the decision to stage the exhibition without referring to her board.

Jim Thing 19:41 15 Jun 2009

Brilliant! Thanks for the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?