A Bank Holiday Chuckle

Brumas 20:14 07 May 2007

Apparently in view of the impending smoking ban, a select committee of MPs have decided to shed their stuffy images and organise and take part in a mammoth super-gig to raise awareness and, at the same time, raise sufficient funds to build an unusually designed public smoking shelter in the gardens of the Houses of Parliament.

The select three, all past diploma graduates of Les Dawson’s Institute of Visual Arts (Northern Section) – L’DIVA’NS for short gave their all, entertaining a bemused audience + 3 traffic wardens, with their speciality act of Atmospheric Monologues.

The police had to be drafted in to organise the crowds, but they could not find sufficient sober people at that time of the morning, as like the rest of Britain, London was out early looking through the skips on their way to and from the Boot Sales!

Following on their resounding success, the wicked trio are planning another gig, subject as yet unknown (rumoured to be P.C. –the new common (non)sense)) but due to the unusual turnout at their last gig, this will be held next to a public telephone box to enable the crowds to stand in comfort should it rain.

The link shows an actual still from the gig. Supremely confident of the outcome of the venture, the MPs, rather prematurely, bought the shelter and actually performed their gig live from it.

Any resemblance to any M.P, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

click here

Curio 20:22 07 May 2007

So that is what smoking does!!

WhiteTruckMan 20:45 07 May 2007

grandpa thinks back fondly to the blend of dried sheep muck, used bus tickets and sloanes linament that he used to smoke instead to this rubbish.

WTM

Forum Editor 20:58 07 May 2007

In my schooldays we used to make experimental cigarettes with all kinds of stuff - most of which was no doubt toxic to some extent.

tried 21:00 07 May 2007

trouble is if I stop smoking at 80% tax the NHS will be unable to...... damn im rambling again!!
PS what wicked trio? and wheres this phone box then? Brumus your as daft as me!!

tried 21:05 07 May 2007

I never made fags when i was at skool!

WhiteTruckMan 21:12 07 May 2007

No doubt true, but did you actually smoke them?

WTM

Brumas 23:36 07 May 2007

By heck, your grandpa must've been posh - blended heh, I suppose he had a real pipe as well and not half a used corn-cob ;o)

Blackhat 23:52 07 May 2007

We used to pack art straws with tea leaves and try to smoke them, 30+ years ago. Didn't work and smelt horrible, but kids were kids?

WhiteTruckMan 00:06 08 May 2007

I have fond memories of my maternal grandfather-Fred was his name. He was a drawer in and I learned a lot about the cotton mills from him. (which is why I instantly recognised a carding machine in an earlier talking point post). But as much as I loved seeing him, as a child I was filled with dread every time I had to use the toilet. This may sound strange to someone who has never had the pleasure of a tippler, lifting the lid to an 8 foot drop!

WTM

Brumas 00:15 08 May 2007

I had cousins like that near Spurn Point, I often thought about s******g myself rather then use their earthcloset out the back - but I didn't(only just mind!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?