bank charges paid back to you...???

hijo 01:28 21 Nov 2006

heres a little something thats intresting...

click here

anyone got anything to add...??

g0slp 08:14 21 Nov 2006

I concur with fourm member. There are too many folk who prey on the vulnerable.

lisa02 08:17 21 Nov 2006

I never get hit with bank charges and that includes me slipping into the red a few times as I do not have an overdraft. If I have forgotten about a DD and not left enough funds they have always honoured them and then sent me a letter telling me... By the time that happens my next wage is due into that account anyway.

Never been charged a penny in the years I have been at my bank and I do lots of my account management online now. I also get text messages sent to my mobile if there is a credit to my account, a debit takes place etc etc all Free of Charge.

You are with the wrong bank.

pavvi 08:25 21 Nov 2006

sounds like first direct....they are about to start making charges on their accounts unless you take an extra product frfom them

lisa02 08:32 21 Nov 2006

No, Northern click here :D

spuds 12:29 21 Nov 2006

Martin Lewis provides very good advice and help via click here Well worth having in your favourites, for later reference and usage.

Blackhat 23:47 21 Nov 2006

Recent dispute: Direct Debit, 20p shortfall in account, charge £35.00. Me, out of the country at the time for a month. DD re-presented same again £35.00 charge, DD canceled! Total charges £70.00, loss of home insurance.

Quick phone call, spoke to a human, all charges refunded DD re-instated. All previous transactions were computer generated!

A lot of banking disputes are generated by automatic system responses that could be easily avoided by using real people. (in the UK, don't all shout at once)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone