Bank Charges

royalflush 20:57 04 Mar 2007

I know that this has already been posted b4 but has anyone contacted there bank & won/got there money back from the overdraft charges or not enough money in there account ect.....? & if so how Responsive was the bank...? i ask this cause iam in the very proccess of sending my letter to the bank in morning.....& want to know if its worth it..?
thanks

WhiteTruckMan 21:00 04 Mar 2007

The worst that will happen is that they will say no.

WTM

oresome 21:14 04 Mar 2007

The worst that will happen is that they will say that the relationship between the bank and you has broken down and you have 30 days to go elsewhere.

spuds 22:22 04 Mar 2007

According to likes of Martin Lewis who is deeply involved with advising people on this issue, there is a possibility that the bank or building society may close down your account. In which case he suggest that you have a 'ghost' account ready, especially if you have things like direct debit or standing orders to pay on a regular basis.

royalflush 23:09 04 Mar 2007

"spuds" thanks for that ive got a few accounts open so let them do what they want..:-)

"WTM" thankx again for the imput...

Same as "oresome" thankx

irishrapter 23:28 04 Mar 2007

I have asked the Halifax for my bank charges back.
Account is closed anyway so I have nothing to loose.

Got a letter on Saturday telling me the usual "we have 4 weeks to look into it" Bah Bah bah....

I have told them they have 14 days from the day the got the letter and then I will file at court, they have until the 15th of march.

Go to click here for more info!

royalflush 23:43 04 Mar 2007

"irishrapter" omg & thats a BIG OMG have you looked at that website on your link above....??
just read the story's of some of the members challenging bank's ect & winning some have got over 2K.....!!!
thankx a million that website is 100% just what i need right now...:-)

irishrapter 19:49 05 Mar 2007

lol....

2k is nothing!

There are some people on that site that are in the middle of filing a "Civil Bill" for around 15K each!

Check out their links ->> click here

And click here

I cant wait to see the out come if these claims!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?