bank accounts

conrail 19:30 30 Oct 2009

granddaughter is one in December so decided to open a bank account for her, bank needs birth certificate with address at time of birth and my driving licence, had an account at same bank since I first started work 48 years ago, also have an isa there, as family have moved since birth also needed father along with utility bill, he works from 8am to 6pm monday to friday and saturday morning so no chance of him going, wont accept daughter as bills in fathers name, same happened with building society, father can get there but they don't have anybody to deal with it on saturday afternoon, government gives all newborns money to go into an account that can't be touched until child is 18, took that information but I can't do that as I am not named on the account even though I said I was depositing not withdrawing, so would have to give money to daughter, think I'll put money under the mattrass until she is 18

Awshum 19:43 30 Oct 2009

Your only difficulty is the fact you are not a parent or legal guardian. The simple solution is to get the father to open the account whenever he can.

I opened an account for each of our children at our bank by showing my photo ID, their birth certificates and signing a letter of introduction for each of them.

jakimo 21:00 30 Oct 2009

You should be able to to open a trust fund for your grand-daughter without your son being there.

Do a search...

click here

conrail 14:10 31 Oct 2009

thanks Awshum and jakimo, I am a member of the Oddfellows, they do something similar, I will look into that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?