Bank account closure

martd7 11:34 12 Jul 2014
Answered

Maybe a daft question but due to attempted fraud on my fathers account the bank suggested closing the account and opening an entirely different account

If he does this is the closed account details accessible,if he wanted a statement from 6month ago can he still request it or has the account completely been erased

spuds 12:29 12 Jul 2014

I would suggest that you take this up with the particular bank, and keep records in case of future problems.

I would also check on what the new account the banks is offering, because by changing accounts interest rates or terms and conditions of a particular account might differ to what was previously given.

martd7 12:37 12 Jul 2014

Spuds

we are going to the bank Monday,its a current account same interest etc only difference been a max limit on withdrawals of £350 as opposed to £500,not a problem,just wondered if anyone here has closed an account and then been able to still order statements if necessary

martd7 14:10 12 Jul 2014

Spider 9

thanks,i cant see my father requiring any statements just wanting to see if the options still there if ever necessary,no doubt ill find out monday

bumpkin 15:15 12 Jul 2014

when you go to the bank Monday ask them to print out the last years statements or whatever you require before the account is closed. My son asked for a copy of all statements since his account was opened about 5yrs back, about 100 pages and the charge was £5.

bumpkin 15:31 12 Jul 2014

when you go to the bank Monday ask them to print out the last years statements or whatever you require before the account is closed. My son asked for a copy of all statements since his account was opened about 5yrs back, about 100 pages and the charge was £5.

martd7 15:48 12 Jul 2014

£12 per statement with dads bank

Im 99% sure hes never going to request one im just thinking if the options are still there when the accounts closed since having the attempted fraud with his account twice the bank is urging him to change the account

bumpkin 15:53 12 Jul 2014

That is ridiculous, suggest to them that you are considering a different bank or better still look at the offers from other banks, some will pay you to switch.

spuds 15:58 12 Jul 2014

Just Googled and this answer came up about availability of statements/records click here

bumpkin 16:30 12 Jul 2014

spuds link shows that the records are available but at £12 a time not for me. Not spamming but I suggest that you look at the Santander 123 account, it pays 3% interest on current accounts up to £20,000 and if you have a partner then you can open 2 accounts. Better rate than you can get on an ISA. I have multiple accounts with them and can print out any statement I wish from any account at no cost and it is instant. Maybe not for you or your dad if you do not like online banking it was just a suggestion.

martd7 16:39 12 Jul 2014

Thanks bumpkin but he doesn't own a pc and there is no chance of changing banks he just would not do it,far as online banking's concerned not into that because we had a block placed on it by banks fraud team

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache