Badwieser Frog Screen Saver

jack 13:52 18 Nov 2005

I hvae a tranch of mails from my flock- all with the same message- They dont even edit out pages of previous addresses as this thing circulates
The message is identical I'll not repeat it.
Essentially there is a free download of a screensaver depicting the Butweiser Frogs
It has a sting in its tail [if frogs have tails-tadpoles do]
A Nasty in disguise in other words.

Forum Editor 14:52 18 Nov 2005

to one of the oldest hoaxes in the book - that a Budweiser frog screensaver contains a virus?

If this is what you mean, ignore it. As far as I know this hoax has been circulating since the late 1990's, and to be honest I'm amazed that it's still doing the rounds. Needless to say, the Budweiser frog screensaver is/was perfectly safe, but it stands to reason that anyine should always be careful when downloading .exe files of any description.

jack 17:51 18 Nov 2005

Thank you FE I'll tick it done, there those who like me not particulary WebWorldly Wize-I do very little 'Sufring.

Forum Editor 18:13 18 Nov 2005

it's a timely warning. At this time of year we tend to see a rise in hoaxes, and things that go bump in the internet night generally, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to remind everyone to be especially vigilant as the festive season approaches.........there are people out there who definitely do not wish goodwill to all men and women.

VoG II 18:37 18 Nov 2005

click here is a good place to check out such warning messages.

Forum Editor 18:56 18 Nov 2005

Thanks - I knew there was one somewhere.

1911 21:16 18 Nov 2005

I usualy get a dozen or so spam every day but at weekends it can go up to 30 or40.
Does this mean that these idiots have jobs? Or maybe they get allowed home for the weekend.

PaulB2005 07:41 19 Nov 2005

also a good place.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone