The bad pixel goblin (or fairy)

S5W 19:13 06 Aug 2004

My LG Flatron 782LE LCD screen was delivered in May 2002 with one dead pixel,it was well off centre and caused minimal annoyance. Yesterday I noticed it had disappeared. It has definitely gone, I know not why. I wish my wife's washing machine would self heal; but no, I shall have to spend another morning delving into its shoddy mechanical cadaver when I should be up the pub. It's a hard life.

Forum Editor 19:33 06 Aug 2004

and they can switch on like that for no apparent reason. Sometimes you can (very gently) massage a dead or rogue pixel into life with a moist cotton bud. In your case that wasn't necessary so rejoice - and hope that it doesn't switch itself off again. Keep those cotton buds handy just in case.

Take care when delving into the washing machine's innards - therein lies mains voltage, and we don't want the casing going live when we switch back on do we?

Sapins 08:31 07 Aug 2004

I think I might have a dead pixie in my monitor, I definitely heard something when I moved it just now!

I have never had any dead pixels in any of my monitors - but then dead pixels is not a known issue in CRT monitors.

only me 10:59 07 Aug 2004

But dead mice are??

S5W 18:28 07 Aug 2004

Thanks for the warning FE, washing machine working again and no nasty shocks except the cost of a new pump.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?