Bad news for Halo fans.....

Mr Mistoffelees 17:18 09 Feb 2006

If you want Halo 2 for pc, read this:- click here
Fortunately for me I am not interested.

Totally-braindead 17:27 09 Feb 2006

Well thats fairly typical of Microsoft, I'm sure they can can up with a lot of good reasons for it but its a bit much. I liked Halo and would have bought Halo 2 but if it means I have to shell out for Vista I won't bother. I think they're cutting their own throat by doing this. My mates son has an XBox and wanted the new one the 360 but discovered it won't play most of the old games for the original XBox so didn't bother.

Thalmus 17:56 09 Feb 2006

What a bloody stupid idea!
Has the power finally melted Bill Gates's brain? Does he really think that everyone who wants to play Halo 2 will rush out and buy vista?

Mr Mistoffelees 18:29 09 Feb 2006

Much the same thoughts as mine, though I like motor racing and rally games so I wasn't going to be buying it anyway.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:43 09 Feb 2006

'Does he really think that everyone who wants to play Halo 2 will rush out and buy vista?'...Bill Gates did not become one of the wealthiest people on the planet by being stupid. There will be a good reason.

G

Thalmus 19:05 09 Feb 2006

and i can't wait to hear it. But i suppose what does Bill care more about? The sales of Halo or the sales of vista? The obvious choice would Vista and if he thinks that it will sell a few more copies with this gimmick why should he care what people who want to play halo 2 will think

gudgulf 21:45 09 Feb 2006

I might be interested if an upgrade from XP pro is reasonably priced AND comes with a free copy of Halo 2.

Otherwise I will be wanting to see if all my existing games and software will work under Vista before upgrading.

I certainly wont be upgrading just to play Halo 2...or any other game for that matter.

wolfie3000 21:58 09 Feb 2006

GUTTED im devastated by the news im near to tears.
this is a really bad move by bungie and microsoft.

BigRik 22:16 09 Feb 2006

"...Bill Gates did not become one of the wealthiest people on the planet by being stupid".

That may be the case GANDALF <|:-)>, but I think he'll have to be a bit more clever than that to convince me to switch over so soon! ;)

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:17 10 Feb 2006

It is not you that he is interested in...it is the bigger picture.

G

BigRik 15:01 10 Feb 2006

Perhaps I should have used "us" instead of "me". A couple of other posts here mention that the writer will not be rushing out to upgrade to Vista just because a popular game will only be released on that OS. They are probably (though I'm not assuming) thinking the same as I am; wait a while to see how its working, then maybe move to Vista.

You are more than likely correct GANDALF, it is not "me" he is interested in, but I'm sure he is interested in us all as consumers, as we have a major part to play in his "bigger picture".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?