On the back of a wristwatch

€dstowe 12:45 03 Jul 2005

It says on the header here "anything that makes the digital world tick".

Well, how about this which I've just heard about from my father.

A friend of his has just bought a new watch from the USA. On the reverse of the case is stamped into the metal:

"For best results use other side."

Pooke 13:00 03 Jul 2005

Superb

spuds 13:32 03 Jul 2005

The instructions would not suit a sundial :o)

Forum Editor 13:36 03 Jul 2005

It reminds me of the beer bottle I saw when on a trip to India. The label included a warning:

Do not remove cap with teeth.

Ancient Learner 14:52 03 Jul 2005

Reminds me of the time when there was a push on reading skills and there were printed notices about which said something like 'if you can't read this, phone - - - - to get help.'

LastChip 15:55 03 Jul 2005

seen on a hammer. Hitting your finger with this is likely to cause injury!

Pooke 16:01 03 Jul 2005
  Diemmess 18:59 03 Jul 2005

During the season, all chicken dishes will be made with turkey.

I know the americans are terrified of litigation but whoever decided to put that on a watch probably had a sense of humour.Having said that the last car I hired over there had so many of these silly warning stickers on it I began to doubt my own sanity.

MidgetMan 11:55 04 Jul 2005

I do believe that they now put warning stickers on micro wave ovens saying not for drying pets, this is after a woman tried to dry her dog in one and sued when it died!!

I remember having alot of trouble years ago trying to get a modem to connect, in the manuel it stated "if your problem is not covered please log on to "

What a sad world that people seem to have no common sense and need to be warned about every hazard.

€dstowe 13:11 04 Jul 2005

Your quotation reminds me of messages I get on one of my cordless keyboard/mouse setups. Sometimes, the bootup goes slightly wrong (out of sequence) and the input devices aren't detected. After the initial bootup screen a message appears on screen

"No keyboard detected. Press any key to continue."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017