Back from hurricane alley

Totally-braindead 19:41 09 Oct 2004

Well I'm back from the USA, Florida specifically which was just recovering from a hurricane and guess what, it got hit with another hurricane. It was a very, very unpleasant experience and since the entire county was left with no telephone or power my plans for a little shopping fell flat. Its a bit differcult to shop in a building that has no roof or power. Bit I was in, Indian River County was hit really bad, hopefully they've all got power now but they reckon as much as 10% of the people are now homeless - shops did better as they were built much more recently. My sympathies go out to all the Florida residents.
I'm glad to be back as I really missed the Forum.
PS Bit of free advice for anyone thinking of going to Florida, don't go in hurricane season, take my word for it you won't like it.

CurlyWhirly 21:58 09 Oct 2004

P.S. Bit of free advice for anyone thinking of going to Florida, don't go in hurricane season, take my word for it you won't like it.

I know what you mean as my sister only got back from Florida a fortnight ago and she said that the Hurricanes scared her out of her wits!

Valvegrid 22:15 09 Oct 2004

I'm going out there in a couple of weeks time, I keep an eye on this site:

click here

We got caught up in hurricane Floyd a few years ago, although the hurricane missed Florida we had to stay out in Florida for an extra week because all the air traffic system was up the creek.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?