AVG 8 update now fixed

interzone55 12:35 17 Aug 2008

For everyone who's had problems with yesterday's update, it's now been fixed, so you should manually update...

Chegs ®™ 14:19 17 Aug 2008

My AVG 8 insisted that there was a .bin file missing and my PC was not protected so it was uninstalled and I now use Avast.I ran AVG for many years with no need of any intervention from me but this latest version ( 8 ) has been very problematic,has been very intrusive and caused my PC frequent slowdowns.This is approximately my 3rd time of uninstalling AVG 8 and enough is enough,I wont be returning to AVG.

Forum Editor 00:29 18 Aug 2008

received the 'a bin file is missing' message when they tried to update. The AVG forums had a message asking people to wait for a short time and then try the update again. As you say, all is now well, and the update servers have been running hot.

Si_L 01:03 18 Aug 2008

Is this one free or is 7.5 still the latest free AVG?

Forum Editor 01:10 18 Aug 2008

There's a free version 8 available.

Si_L 02:00 18 Aug 2008

Cheers FE. I found on the AVG site an offer with E-Music, whereby you sign up to their site, use it, and then they will give you the license number for a years full AVG 8.0. I took them up on the offer, used my 25 free downloads I get for joining and downloaded a couple of albums, and am currently installing it!

Ace :)

Si_L 14:11 18 Aug 2008

Forgot to add - you can cancel with Emusic the second your downloads finish, but if you don't do it in a week, they will charge you for next months downloads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?