VoG II 22:34 19 Aug 2007

Referring to click here a duplicitous image was posted maybe we should adopt something like DRAFT click here

anskyber 22:37 19 Aug 2007

Your first click here takes me to a page not found, or was that your intention?

VoG II 22:39 19 Aug 2007

Try again click here

Blackhat 23:14 19 Aug 2007

Many on line forums use avatars, this is more for FE and his IT guys to decide on. I have avatars on a number of forums, none of which is my real image. I did enjoy the recent thread inviting members to post images of themselves, something that 4gig has a problem with?

click here

It was just a bit of fun and enjoyed by many members.

I expect that adding another aspect of registration would slow down the whole system and put people off from becoming memebers.

Kate B 23:24 19 Aug 2007

No to avatars, no to glittery sigs, no to huge banners ... one of the things I enjoy about this forum is its minimalist approach. If you want an example of eye-bleeding forum clutter at its worst, have a browse through this one: click here

Blackhat 23:29 19 Aug 2007

Well said, minimalist is best. I find some on forums people spend more time on the frills than the subject.

Brumas 23:31 19 Aug 2007

To use an analogy - I look upon this forum as 'The Tree of Knowledge' start bringing in avatars and the like and it would soon look like a 'Christmas Tree'

Forum Editor 23:37 19 Aug 2007

that the day we have avatars/signatures/machine specs on this forum will be the day that I ride off into the sunset.

I can't bear those sites with pretentious signature lines, such as "Life is a pure flame, and we live by an invisible sun within us" or "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Pass me the bucket.

Kate B 23:42 19 Aug 2007

Where did you get those awful homilies from, Peter? The one I linked to? Horrendous, and clearly put up by people who take themselves far too seriously.

Brumas 23:46 19 Aug 2007

I believe they are from some of his t-shirts ;o)

Kate B 23:47 19 Aug 2007

*snorts with laughter*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone