rdave13 20:44 02 May 2010

Bought the DVD version yesterday for £8 (ASDA) and watched it today on an old CRT Sharp TV with 32" viewing. Plot was run of the mill but the graphics were stunning. Artists at their best.
If it's amazing on TV I wonder what it was like in true 3D.
Anyone seen it at the Cinema in 3D?

jakimo 21:00 02 May 2010

Rented it today from Blockbuster,will watch it tomorrow....with so many films now in Blue-Ray Im tempted to upgraded

rdave13 21:23 02 May 2010

I'm not sure if Blue-Ray would do more justice to it rather than the wide-screen of cinema in "true 3D". Certainly spectacular graphics on an ordinary CRT telly with DVD.
If more films of this nature are going to be developed in 3D, as well as 2D, then I think 3D will be the future of home entertainment.
Especially in Blue-Ray format.
I don't mind wearing 'Elton John' type specs.

Þ² 22:40 02 May 2010

Watched it HD and it's very pretty, you could tell which bits would been the "wowww" bits in 3d as the camera kept randomly panning slowly.

I don't like 3d movies.

Strawballs 23:11 02 May 2010

Effects very good but seems to be Pocahontas in outer space

Forum Editor 23:19 02 May 2010

Yes.

There are stunning 3D effects that you obviously don't get on a TV. Visually it is truly a memorable film.

rdave13 23:24 02 May 2010

As I said in my opening post. Plot is the usual.
The graphics are not so usual and seem above and beyond what modern day computers are capable of.
Stunning graphics on even a CRT telly in 2D. I'll wach it again but this time without the 'what's that dad' question over and over again for the first hour.
Brilliant film just for the panorama effects.
Stunning.

rdave13 23:26 02 May 2010

Forum Editor, thanks for the reply I wanted.
Will be going to a local Cinema if they will show it in 3D.

rdave13 23:48 02 May 2010

By the by, still had to turn the volume up to hear conversations and had to turn the volume down when the action started.
Nothing changes sometimes; even without adverts.

Strawballs 23:59 02 May 2010

That is a problem I had, watched it with daughter after wife had gone to bed so music too loud and talking too quiet

IClaudio 00:08 03 May 2010

I paid £23 in Tesco for the Blu-Ray disc... then found it in Sainsbury's for £15.

The HD is stunning, though as rdave pointed out, the audio is a bit wayward.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?