Autumn

morddwyd 07:37 31 Jul 2012

Beautiful summer day, not a cloud in the sky, forecast temperatures of 17+ but putting the dustbin out a few minutes ago there was that indefinable quality of the light, and an extra edge to the early morning chill that indicates that the solstice is past, and that autumn is not too far away.

Not being pessimistic, more poetical!

Forum Editor 07:48 31 Jul 2012

One of my plum trees is laden with fruit - the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is indeed not too far away.

Never mind, we can always get a massive August heat wave....can't we?

Quickbeam 07:51 31 Jul 2012

My apples are coming on nicely.

birdface 08:01 31 Jul 2012

My brother in law has a small apple tree and this year only one apple is growing from it.

He says it is probably due to the lack of bees.Saying that I must admit I have seen very few this year and have not spotted one queen bee about.

Nice rainy morning here in northants with no sign of any sunshine.

Yes I am afraid the sun has not got it's hat on here today.

Quickbeam 08:17 31 Jul 2012

All that's needed there is to leave your bread on the table ready for eating in the morning!

I hope buteman's Brother in law doesn't get raided by apple scrumpers...

birdface 08:39 31 Jul 2012

Quickbeam

That householder was lucky.Millions Bees in the US are disapearing fast not sure about the rest of the Country's but I believe it is becomming a worldwide problem.

birdface 08:43 31 Jul 2012
  Aitchbee 09:45 31 Jul 2012

I have just aligned 30 pepper plants (Jalapeno, Cayenne, Californian) in pots along a south-facing wall to catch as much sun as possible...I hope we get an indian summer.

Al94 09:54 31 Jul 2012

After bumper crops in recent years, my plum tree has hardly any fruit on it this year. Haven't noticed any bees in the garden so far.

interzone55 10:33 31 Jul 2012

I was just thinking this morning that it was looking distinctly November outside.

My automatic headlights have been on for my commutes over the last couple of weeks, no way should I need lights at 7:30 in the morning and 6:30 in the evening in July...

Mr Mistoffelees 10:40 31 Jul 2012

Within six months Spring will be under way, the best part of the year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?