Are you wearing your VETS Badge this weekend?

Noels 21:40 07 Nov 2008

If so, are you also wearing your RBL badge.
The vets badges cost nothing. The Royal British Legion badge costs only your annual membership of £12 but helps greatly our ex-service men and women. Who may need our help.
If you wear a vets badge think about joining thr RBL.
Regards
Noels

bluto1 21:55 07 Nov 2008

Without fail, along with my poppy.

Brumas 22:01 07 Nov 2008

And I shall watch, as I always do, the Festival of Remembrance and the service and march past at the Cenotaph.I shall be surprised if I remain dry-eyed, I never do!

Bingalau 22:01 07 Nov 2008

Of course... As a member of the Royal Naval Association and the Royal Marines Association. But I wouldn't dream of advertising on here for members. The FE may not like it. However, if any of you would like to strengthen our membership you are also welcome. Contact me and I can get you the details....

tullie 22:40 07 Nov 2008

I too have been a member of the RMA for many years,alas i maybe working on Sunday.

Bingalau 23:52 07 Nov 2008

tullie. Maybe we could meet up at Lympstone next year? I'm always looking for someone to buy me a pint!!!

john bunyan 14:42 08 Nov 2008

Bingalu. Will be at Eastney ( Free RM Museum visit included!)on Sunday as usual. Support RBL as well as the others you mention.

Bingalau 15:10 08 Nov 2008

John Bunyan. I was a member of my local branch of the RBL but eventually dropped out because of other commitments. Plus the prices were sky high in there. It was being run by a bank manager. Now I still think I am in too many associations. Maybe there should just be one like in Oz., where they have the Returned Serviceman's League or whatever it is called. That of course would take away a nice little earner from all the ex-Admirals etc., who seem to have their fingers in every pie. On Sunday I will be meeting a serving member from Poole and we go to the local crematorium to lay a wreath on the stone of Salty Salzano, who was killed in a parachute accident. His brother was until recently C.O of 42 Cdo. After that we go down to Liverpool Town Hall to attend the service there and then back to the RNA Club, or to HMS Eaglet for a big curry. Can't be bad? Have a nice day at the museum ....

Sapins 20:31 08 Nov 2008

Yes, I will be there on Tuesday, always celebrated on the actual day here, as it used to be in the UK.

john bunyan 20:34 09 Nov 2008

Bingalau. Saw David M at Eastney. An amusing moment - just as the padre said "God decides everything..," or some such words, the heavens opened and the Lord rained heavily on us all. We had to smile in spite of the solemnity of the occasion. A depressing number of Royals have died on ops this last year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires