Are You A Proms Fan

peter99co 21:43 13 Sep 2008

Do you watch,attend,ignore,join in with singing the shanties and traditional songs etc.

JYPX 22:20 13 Sep 2008

No. Could have been covered on BBC 4 for peanuts. A waste of a premium HD crew for how many hours in total?

hssutton 23:00 13 Sep 2008

Loved every minute of it, as I do every year.

It's one of the most famous musical event in the world, watched and listened to by an audience of many millions around the globe.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:12 13 Sep 2008

Philistine.

G

Si_L 23:19 13 Sep 2008

It delayed Match of the Day.

JYPX 23:37 13 Sep 2008

Another (increasingly) bizzare comment from the cut and run poster Gandalf who thinks my claim that I can enjoy the worlds greatest music - regardless of genre - through the medium of standard definition tv makes me a Philistine? I can only hope for his sake that he has some grasp of his own logic.

Forum Editor 23:51 13 Sep 2008

gets an audience of many millions of people worldwide, and make real money for the BBC - far more than the cost of the premium HD crew. Audience figures are increasing, and the BBC audience research information shows that the concerts are reaching a wider audience.

Forum Editor 23:52 13 Sep 2008

The world truly almost stopped in its orbit, then?

Si_L 23:58 13 Sep 2008

I can assure you, it was far bigger than that.

JYPX 00:06 14 Sep 2008

With regard to pushing this out to a worldwide audience - yes I agree. I am just a little surprised at the thought of a BBC panel considering a huge list of upcoming output (Drama, documentary, travel.......the list is endless) as obvious candidates for HD broadcast would put this item right at the top of the list. That's all.

jellyhead 00:35 14 Sep 2008

Just finished having a party in the street, all the neighbours joined in with a knees up and sing along. Food was bangers, mash and mushy peas, spotty dick, apple crumble, apple roly poly with lashings of custard. Not forgetting plenty to drink. Accompanied by traditional British pub songs, and the proms. A most enjoyable evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?