Are they twiddling their thumbs....

Grey Goo 12:13 26 Feb 2009

Decided to do a Warren Buffett and invest in a Stocks and Shares Isa. Downloaded the forms filled them in and posted Tuesday afternoon(24/02). Contracts just arrived in the post, cheques been cashed all in less than 48hrs. The ink can hardly be dry on the cheque. I know Invesco are pretty sharp usually but business must be a bit slack at the moment.

dagbladet 12:29 26 Feb 2009

I thought I would treat the wife to a new vacuum cleaner, one of those jobbies that rides on a cusion of air. Thought it might help her get the job done quicker as I can't stand the noise and all that "lift your feet up" malarkey. Anyway ordered it online direct from Bissell yesterday, turned up this morning 09:15.

Don't know if that means Bissell are struggling or just efficient.

Can't wait to see the look on my wife's face when she gets her present.

Quickbeam 12:37 26 Feb 2009

"one of those jobbies that rides on a cusion of air"
I remember we had one of those in the early sixties click here Didn't know they still made them;)

canarieslover 13:52 26 Feb 2009

I'll second that about Amazon. Really should change their name to Amazing!!

oresome 14:28 26 Feb 2009

"Can't wait to see the look on my wife's face when she gets her present."

Is it one of those with a long hose that could be used to hang you from the ceiling?

dagbladet 14:41 26 Feb 2009

"Is it one of those with a long hose that could be used to hang you from the ceiling?"

Aye, i've already texted her with a hint of a surprise when she gets home. This'll knock her bandy.

tullie 15:01 26 Feb 2009

Make sure its not a Flymo lawn mower before she sees it,and keep your fingers crossed that she dident order one herself.To avoid the lift your feet up routine,do it yourself,lol.

Chegs ®™ 17:24 26 Feb 2009

I would welcome the "allow 28 days for delivery" if it ever actually got delivered within that time.Admittedly,present day couriers tend to deliver well within this time period but I recall ordering a set of "piston rings" for a moped I owned,being told "they take upto 3 weeks" as they were coming from Austria.I cancelled the order having waited 6 months (losing my £1 deposit) and forgot about it,then 3 years later I received a card from the supplier to say my order had arrived. :)

Grey Goo 17:33 26 Feb 2009

You just need to pop down to Ann Summers and get a French Maid's outfit to complete the surprise. Do they make them in your size?

laurie53 19:48 26 Feb 2009

Oh Please!

Not at 5.30 on a working day!

dagbladet 19:55 26 Feb 2009

When's good for you laurie?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone