Are relevant 'bodies' set up to help- or becoming more of an hindrance?

spuds 11:51 25 Apr 2014
Answered

Just a question based more on curiosity, and other people's thinking?.

Do you find or have your experienced that dealing with certain 'bodies', organisations or establishments can have a diverse effect on the final outcome of a problem or request for help, advice or information?.

For example, customer services that do not answer a particular question, but go off tangent because a monitor screen says something else to the 'adviser or agent'. Dealing with a public body, that appears to have "a lessons will be learned" mantra, yet seemingly they are never learned. An injustice might have been done, yet the watchdog seems totally toothless in dealing with complaints, but on the other hand were really efficient?.

The list can be endless, so what's your experience's or opinion's, are things getting more simple,easy or more of an hindrance at times of need?.

Forum Editor 15:53 25 Apr 2014

I'm sorry spuds, but you've completely lost me with that rambling opener.

I haven't the faintest idea what you're driving at.

sunnystaines 15:55 25 Apr 2014

indian calls are an example they they no knowledge of the products they are supposed to help with and if the question does not fit the onscreen options they are lost or cut you off.

spuds 18:45 25 Apr 2014
Answer

sunnystaines

I have to agree with you on that one. My own ISP TalkTalk have overseas technical support which uses 'off the screen' question and answers. Yet when you are able to get an 'higher level' section UK based technical person, issues tend to get resolved far easier, possibly because they understand more about the issue or question you are talking about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?