Apology

saintorsinner 18:46 15 May 2006

I would like to apologise to the FE and Gandalf for my post click here I was just trying to be humourous and meant no offence.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:59 15 May 2006

I thought it was amusing especially spikeychris's reference to that ugly statue that I am perched under looking like my mother...good job her loks have not rubbed off on me then ;-))

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:59 15 May 2006

loks = looks :-((((

G

watchful 19:03 15 May 2006

I had been about to say that I thought your photo was taken in the 60s. when you were a callow youth.

SG Atlantis® 19:06 15 May 2006

It was funny, well thought out. I read it twice and laughed both times!

I bet both the FE and G have had worse thrown at them than a bit of funny observations about the similarities, or rather lack of, between them.

ade.h 19:10 15 May 2006

I thought it was a well-aimed observation about those people who insinuate that Gandalf is a nom de plume (sic?) of the FE, created just so that he can make comments!!

saintorsinner 19:15 15 May 2006

Uufortunately it was not taken in the manner in which it was intended hence this apology.

anskyber 19:50 15 May 2006

Well indeed, I can be as guilty as any for trespassing into ill advised humour. I somehow think that both FE and G have broad shoulders but it does seem as if most threads eventually deteriorate into nonsense. The twitchy finger with the silver mouse then does the job. FE has pointed out more than once that a script written with good humourous intent can often be misunderstood as offence given that we none of us can see each other (praise be) and have no real idea of the slant if any behind the comments. You have chosen to say sorry and for me that earns respect.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:15 15 May 2006

'I thought your photo was taken in the 60s'....hee, hee, unfortunately I just look like something from the 60's. :-(((

G

Totally-braindead 20:16 15 May 2006

I thought it was rather funny myself and everyone did appear to take it in the good humour it was intended to have.

I can understand the FEs decision to lock it, I suppose he thought there was too much chance of it degrading into a barney. Far better for it to end when it did with no crossed words I think.

spikeychris 20:27 15 May 2006

GANDALF <|:-)> was a toss up between the FE, Billy Connolley and Clifford the big red dog click here I thought I had it nailed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone