With apologies to DrScott...

anskyber 15:46 24 Dec 2007

...and anyone else in the medical profession.

I could not resist this humorous look at something which is dying. ( no pun) click here

Do you have any from your line of work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:36 24 Dec 2007

A couple we use regarding failures on locomotives.

FHD - for home depot - really means we don't know what's wrong with it, send it somewhere else.

FXWF - fingers crossed won't fail

FUBARed - F***** Up Beyond All Recognition

interzone55 20:03 24 Dec 2007

When I used to work in a PC service centre we used the acronym PEBCAK on service reports -

Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

WhiteTruckMan 20:10 24 Dec 2007

will know a SNAFU when they see one.

WTM

Bingalau 20:20 24 Dec 2007

WTM. I've forgotten, go on tell us what it means?

WhiteTruckMan 20:23 24 Dec 2007

All F----d Up.

(I believe that some folk think the missing word is 'Fouled', but I cannot verify that.)

WTM

Splooshy 22:00 24 Dec 2007

"pumpkin positive", which refers to the implication that a penlight shone into the patient's mouth would encounter a brain so small that the whole head would light up.

Brilliant! I like that one!

Bingalau 22:33 24 Dec 2007

WTM. I was hoping you were going to say Situation Normal All Fouled Up. (Honest).

Forum Editor 01:17 25 Dec 2007

thanks. We have a rule about it, and it's time to enforce it, I'm afraid.

Main Access 10:20 25 Dec 2007

Any self respecting code monkey will always include the variables Foo and Bar. see Fruit Bat /\0/\

Any client who has a complete lock up of a PC is always told in the last instance to press the BFOS

(Big Off Switch)

CatTrading 21:15 30 Dec 2007

Still remember in the Hospital i worked in, in IT.
We often labled bad IT users as ID 10 T users.
The medical director saw this once written down by his name & pronounced to all in the room that he had his own code given to him by IT.

It then suddenly dawned on him what it really meant & with a smile on his face told everyone he would not be ringing up IT for a while.

He took it very well & then told myself & another Techie a lot of the medical abbrevations that he used to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?