AOL going slow

mrwoowoo 21:06 11 Oct 2008

i have been experiencing AOL going so slow the last few days, its slower than when i used to be on dial up, every page takes forever to load, sometimes i give up waiting, tonight i lost the internet connection completly for about half an hour, as you see i'm back on now but its still very slow, a few people at work have had the same problems, has anyone else had this problem?

rdave13 21:20 11 Oct 2008

No but I'm not on CPW's LLU. Only time my 2 Meg connection slows is when I switch off Netgear router overnight. It'll take one to three days to go back up to speed.
Have you tried rebooting the router?

daisy2bell 22:14 11 Oct 2008

Having the same problem ( also with aol)
During the day it's fine, but the last few evenings quite slow. But tonight from about 5pm it's VERY slow, with webpages taking 5 minutes or more to load, or not loading at all.

mrwoowoo 15:59 12 Oct 2008

My Netgear router has been turned off every night for the last year or so with no ill effect.
As usual i fired it up today and it was straight up to 2 meg speed instantly,as per usual.
Perhaps older routers need to get up to speed or different models as mine has never had this problem.
All my work collegues from far and wide are having the same problems with AOL at the same time of day.
Far too much of a coinsidence for it to be everyones routers etc.
Going on live help now while i can, before the usual slowdown at teatime.

Jak_1 16:09 12 Oct 2008

Surely this is a subject for the helproom!

mrwoowoo 16:18 12 Oct 2008

Not really,as i don't need help.Just enquiring and confirming that others have the same problem.
Been on live help and finally got them to admit they had a server outage and are putting connections right,one exchange at a time.
Will tick resolved now.

Diemmess 17:56 12 Oct 2008

By sheer coincidence and for different reasons I started a thread about dialbb.

For yonks I have ploughed on with what was a (bronze ?) 2mbps contract @ £9.99 pm.

After a very dodgy early summer when speeds at times occasionally fell to as low as 45kbps, things improved to > 1850 most of the time

The day last week (click here
when I managed to get back on line, the speed was 480 or so, but the whole of the following day it soared to 4.2Gb and nearly stayed there.

Yesterday it fell below 1000 and now it is back
to 2120 at this moment.

I am just going to wait and see for a week or two and if things don't pick up and stay better, I can see another more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger (snail mail) letter coming on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?