And we DONT want it

;(

Seth Haniel 13:09 08 Feb 2009

Hi

I remember you

do you want to buy an aircraft carrier .. cheap

-------------

can anyone name anything that Able Uk have been able to dismantle safely

maybe eaisier to find out how many times they have been proscecuted for toxic escape ;(

MAT ALAN 13:27 08 Feb 2009

Campaigners say asbestos on board will damage the environment and the health of workers, but the Environment Agency says it has rigorous controls in place...

I work at a coal fired power station that still has Asbestos around parts of working plant...

The measures that are put in place to remove and "waste manage" this product are designed so absolutely nobody is put at risk.
There will probably be no reason why they cannot do the same here...

Seth Haniel 13:48 08 Feb 2009

cost..
and shortcuts...

click here;_ylt=A1f4cfky4o5Jrm4BZhhLBQx.?p=%22able+uk%22%22+fined%22&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&rd=r2

already fined £22,000 for rekless asbestos breach

MAT ALAN 13:49 08 Feb 2009

Sorry, link goes nowhere...

Seth Haniel 13:52 08 Feb 2009
  MAT ALAN 14:08 08 Feb 2009

A good case to answer for, and i would be worried by the end of the last stament about human error, that and the others mentioned can surely lead to loss of life....

Mr Mistoffelees 14:21 08 Feb 2009

I suspect that Indian health and safety regulations, regarding the safe removal and disposal of hazardous materials, may be less strict than ours and, perhaps, less strictly enforced. If that is the case workers and other local people would be exposed to greater risks than in the UK.

But, of course, they are not British and it would not be in our backyard. so that is OK, isn't it?

recap 14:44 08 Feb 2009

What the report your link points to doesn't mention is that Able UK will take around 5 month to take out all asbestos. After all asbestos has been removed then and only then will the rest of the ship be dismantled. The environmental agency and H&S will be closely inspecting all aspects of the operation to ensure Able UK conform to all regulations in the removal of the Asbestos.

I am all for the dismantling of this and the other 4 ghost ships that are in docks in Hartlepool.

Forum Editor 15:36 08 Feb 2009

have it on your doorstep..

Well I'm not"

Why? Please explain why you're not happy.

The Brigadier 15:45 08 Feb 2009

Lucky Minehaed Bay is not deep water!
Would not like this on my doorstep!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?