Anyone see the new series of Sherlock?

SatiricAnalytic 16:25 16 Aug 2010

Just wondering whether anyone saw it?
What did people think of it?

I thought it was brilliant. Great casting in Cumberbatch and Freeman!
Loved it!

ella33 16:36 16 Aug 2010

Which side and when please? I love the old series but have been away and haven't bothered with TV. It sounds as if this could make it worth switching on!

BT 16:47 16 Aug 2010

I thought it was very good. Pity it was only 3 episodes although there are rumours of another series.click here

ella33
It was on BBC1 on Sundays at 9pm but has now finished - only 3 shows.

click here

Woolwell 16:59 16 Aug 2010

Thought it was good but odd ending to the third programme - perhaps a starting point for the next one?

Bingalau 18:01 16 Aug 2010

You might still be able to get it on the BBC catchup program. Lots of people have said they liked it and I haven't heard anybody say otherwise. I missed it myself, but if it was popular you can bet your boots they will give it another airing soon.

SatiricAnalytic 18:55 16 Aug 2010

Nah, it went off iPlayer yesterday at 10.59pm.

It's true, that 'Roger and Val Just Got In' thing is dire.

Repeats of Sherlock please!

Colin 19:29 16 Aug 2010

I thought the first episode was very good, the second poor, but the third picked up a bit. I hope they make more.
As for “Roger and Val…” I tried to watch the first episode but gave up after 5 minutes. Dawn French just looks ridiculous.
BBC has just started to repeat the first series of Mad Men – now that’s great television, in my opinion!

jack 20:07 16 Aug 2010

It is was full of action and breath taking secnes and dialogue.
But oh often its the aftermath when I sit and try to make sense of certain aspects- that it unravels and I think what a load of tosh - another wasted hour -
But that is entertainment.
I shall no doubt be doing the same tonight watching NCIS

Sapins 22:02 16 Aug 2010

I thought it was the biggest load of rubbish I have seen for a long time.

DANZIG 22:41 16 Aug 2010

I thought it was fantastic!

Forum Editor 22:45 16 Aug 2010

and there will be more. I believe there's some discussion about how many episodes, and I assume it will go into production once that's been sorted out.

It was quality TV, and I gather it got a very positive audience reaction. It needs a little polishing, but that will happen in the next series.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?