Is anybody watching the Paralympics?

Bingalau 18:59 14 Sep 2008

I would have thought we would have some comments on how well the British team are doing. I wonder if the swimmer who has won four gold medals will be made an Earl? Or whatever the equivalent is of a Dame. It seems to be the norm.

peter99co 19:30 14 Sep 2008

I find it difficult to know when to watch because it isn't pushed into the schedules as much as the other was.

interzone55 20:08 14 Sep 2008

Dame is just the female equivalent of a plain old Sir, so four golds will warrant at least the next vacant slot in the Order of The Garter.

As for watching, as peter99co says, it's not being pushed much. I've watched quite a few events, including the wheelchair basketball, which is amazing. Wheelchair rugby, or murderball, is truly spectacular.

At one point it seemed that the FIA stewards had started adjudicating in the athletics, but sense prevailed and David Weir got his medal confirmed this morning...

canarieslover 20:27 14 Sep 2008

I have been totally amazed by the way they cope with the disabilities that they have. The determination that they show is incredible. I agree with the comments about the basketball and rugby, the way they handle those wheelchairs is absolutely mad.

Bingalau 20:32 14 Sep 2008

Yes they are all tough cookies. But they are doing exceptionally well this time round. I think they have made a rod for their backs by making that nice girl a Dame after the last games. I think she won four golds. I think she was racing a few different events in a wheelchair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone