Any Wallander fans out there?

jack O'lantern 08:50 20 Dec 2010

The new series on BBC4 Saturdays - A whole new line up it seems.
New production company, new cast sans one who was a 'background totty' in the original is now the prosecueter
The new Wallander looks a bit of a slob- compared to the original Krister Henricksson but we shall see.
The current two parter - part 2 tonight- seems to be an amalgam of two+ previous tales.

SimpleSimon1 09:48 20 Dec 2010

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong :-)

What you're watching is the original series of Wallander films (not a TV series), with the actor (Rolf Lassgård) who many people think is the closest interpretation to Mankell's character.

Between 1995 & 2007, nine of the Wallander novels were turned into films and if you ask a Swede who played Wallander, most of them will immediately reply Rolf Lassgård - Krister Henriksson is, primarily, a stage actor and is far better known for his stage appearances than for Wallander.

Hopefully, the Beeb is showing all nine of the Lassgård films but I guess we'll have to wait and see....just so long as we don't get any more of the [IMHO] Brannagh ego-trip version.

jack O'lantern 10:37 20 Dec 2010

I did wonder about the two items- which was newer, which preceeded the other- The 'Film' as opposed TV aspect did not occur to me- it explains for example the Diabetes diagnosis in the current story , and the seeming amalgam of two tales.
Now I have got that sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?