Any one suffer ginger hair?

dagnammit 13:34 11 Aug 2009

click here

According to this the gene responsible makes ginger haired people more sensitive to pain and need more anaesthetic.

Interesting.

dagnammit 13:36 11 Aug 2009

Title should read:

Anyone suffer more pain with ginger hair?

peter99co 16:18 11 Aug 2009

I was always led to believe that Red-Heads had a bit of a temper.

Forum Editor 16:37 11 Aug 2009

He had a high pain threshold, and was even tempered.

One of my girlfriends was a redhead. She had a low pain threshold, and was fiery, to say the least.

The 'bit of a temper' thing with redheads is a myth. I don't know about the pain gene, but I suspect it's a red herring.... sorry.

jakimo 18:03 11 Aug 2009

The ginger haired do suffer with a pain in the neck a lot due to all the idiot name calling

Bingalau 18:26 11 Aug 2009

I always thought red/ginger haired people were nice. But maybe I was swayed by a certain female film star back in the 40's - 50's? It wasn't Ginger Rogers either.

JYPX 19:35 11 Aug 2009

Interesting link. With regard to going through life with red hair, yes, some suffer name calling at school, but after that is out of the way things get a lot better. There is no downside to having red hair, it's all good......and I am not just talking about Prince Harry.
Not that long ago a woman stopped me in the city centre and told me that she had met me very briefly about 12 years ago. I was struggling at this point and expressed the opinion that she had a pretty amazing memory. No, not at all she said "I recognized you straight away - can you not guess why......! "
I have to disagree with our FE about red hair + temper. I have noticed this tendency in quite a few women, and men, so I think there is something in it.

octal 20:02 11 Aug 2009

Jessica Rabbit?

Sorry, rather later :)

WhiteTruckMan 20:05 11 Aug 2009

Chris Evans on radio 2 most evenings, if that helps?

WTM

laurie53 20:05 11 Aug 2009

Rita Hayworth

Bingalau 21:43 11 Aug 2009

Laurie53. You should have go at Brumas's postcard puzzle on Friday nights. Rita Hayworth was the lovely lady indeed.

Yes Octal, that Jessica Rabbit was a corker too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?