Any musicians?- dolphinmusic.co.uk

Completealias 14:59 08 Aug 2005

Hi there,

Have just ordered my audigy 4 which will be arriving this week, can't wait.

Anyways I would like to mike up my acoustic guitar, I'm not professional just want to have a go at producing some of my own tracks, which leads me to my question.

First off has anyone heard of or used dolphinmusic.co.uk if so what are your thoughts on them.

Secondly, i have been looking at mikes and was thinking of purchasing the AKG D 660 S click here from above site. Any comments on if this will be a good choice for recording my acoustic steel strung guitar and some vocals.

Thanks for your time, looks like I'm in for a learning curve.

pj123 18:04 10 Aug 2005

Not the answer you want to hear but this thread has been up for a couple of days now with no response.

I am a musician, I play clarinet and used to play with a jazz band in the 70s. Most of our stuff was recorded on Cassette or Vinyl.

I haven't tried the way you are suggesting as my way is to record it to a standard Cassette tape and then transfer it to CD at a later date.

Completealias 03:29 12 Aug 2005

Cheers for that pj123 have managed to pick someones brains on the subject and have a rough idea of where I'm going now I think.

Looks like I've got some stuff to get me head around none the less.

On a very happy note my audigy 4 turned up yesterday have installed it and its lovely :)

Once again thanks for the reply

GibsonSt19 13:25 13 Aug 2005

I've ordered kit from these guys before.

Fast, efficient and well priced.

Completealias 16:07 13 Aug 2005

Thanks for that GibsonSt19, they seem to be the best priced I found so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?