any gamer addicts comment on this one

sunny staines 19:17 08 Nov 2006

I have a colleague who is a fully grown adult and plays some sort internet fantasy warcraft wizard game. But what I find hard to understand he will spend all day and well into the night playing it then come into work shattered. Is this common behaviour among keen computer gamers or should I be seeking him help for addictive behaviour. I have never played games other than those than come with widows.

anskyber 19:18 08 Nov 2006

Seek help.

anskyber 19:19 08 Nov 2006

click here I'm sure theres no one like this here!!?!!

sunny staines 19:30 08 Nov 2006

thanks for the link. his work is going downhill it as if he only comes alive during his games.

sean-278262 19:38 08 Nov 2006

pattoo - I can relate to that totally. 12hours non stop bar toilet break. Bring it on!

However I wouldnt allow myself to play unless I can fit it in. If I dont get a game I dont really care.

Kate B 19:51 08 Nov 2006

As a former WoW addict and someone capable of getting hooked on a game, I think it's because the rewards are so well-managed in them. It's easy to find yourself thinking "ok, I must go to bed. So I'll go back to Ironforge and while I'm there I'll put today's haul of metal up in the auction house and hmmm, if I go the long way round I can slay a few murlocs and then I'll level up and perhaps I'll just pick up a couple more quests and hey, if I go this way round and slaughter a few murlocs AND sort out a few bears then I'll complete the quest, so I'll just stop off and turn in the quest ... " Next thing you know, it's 2am and you have a partner rolling their eyes at you and sighing as you finally come to bed.

Z1100 11:36 09 Nov 2006

But... (Damn, there is always one of those) and I tread lighty, the addiction could be an escape from trouble or displeasure in other parts of the 'gamers' life. I can relate to that and it is not so easy to fix. I fixed it :) and I still play games also, some horrible people tell me I am 41!The Cheek of it!

Hanx!
K.

donki 13:25 09 Nov 2006

Nothing to worry about, Football Manager is another "devorcer" game. Ive known friends of mine to play 48hours +. If he starts skipping work then he has problems :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone