Any DATA/Fibre cable workers on here i need advice please?

Portal11 17:09 30 Jul 2014

Hi everyone, i work as a digger operator (360 CPCS Above & below tickets) & i have been searching for weeks to try and find out which companies are laying the Fibre Optical networks in the country, I know this is a real long shot but ive been in touch with the likes of BT/TalkTalk/Virgin they all dont know know which companies have got the contracts well at call centre level? I have search high and low & i am just about to give up & i thought id give the Forum a try? all i am after is to find out which companies there is working out there so i can approach them for work in the diggers digging the trenches & it has been such hard work i never thought it would be? Any help would be much appreciated please..

Pfff

Aitchbee 17:19 30 Jul 2014

This company does quite a bit of the work you are describing [In Scotland].

click here

bumpkin 17:32 30 Jul 2014

What area are you located?

Portal11 17:35 30 Jul 2014

Aitchbee Thanks! Bumpkin sorry i did forget to put that i am in Cambridgeshire but would work anywhere tbh, thanks once again ;-)

bumpkin 19:44 30 Jul 2014

Loads of BT work going on in Cambridge at the moment, suggest you try "Carillion Telent" as a starting point. I will try to get you a phone number for a subbie but don't raise your hopes on this and if I can it may well be Oxford where a mate of mine is working for BT as a cable layer.

bumpkin 19:54 30 Jul 2014

I should have said he is in charge of the cable laying.

Portal11 20:20 30 Jul 2014

Bumpkin Many thanks! greatly appreciated ;-)

Portal11 11:28 31 Jul 2014

Any ideas pls guys?

bumpkin 13:46 31 Jul 2014

Hi again, I am not sure what you actually want. Are you looking for a job for yourself, or a self employed owner/driver or are you trying to place multiple machines.

As you had ticked this as resolved I thought Telent was what you were looking for, best to untick it and you may get more replies.

This is not something I personally have much knowledge of but I have a pal who does. If you can explain exactly what you are trying to achieve I will try and help if I can.

Portal11 14:16 02 Aug 2014

Hi Bumkin, Very sorry for the late reply, i am a digger driver myself with a few tickets and i want to get work in the Utilities area, sorry i didnt make this clear on my first post and thanks for the reply

Forum Editor 14:27 02 Aug 2014

I suggest you contact companies like this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?