Any car dealers out there?depreciation question.

ripvan 21:23 22 Jul 2008

I have a Honda Jazz which I am thinking of changing- not bound to be for another honda.There is a new model out later in the year.My query is how much extra will the old model go down in price on top of normal depreciation,once it is out if I wait change.Or should I change now? Many thanks.

oresome 22:13 22 Jul 2008

I'm not a car dealer, but I expect it depends on the deals on offer with the old model. If big discounts and lots of extras are needed to shift stock, it will depress second hand values of older cars like yours as well.

If the new model comes with a price hike and offers few extra features, there might not be a problem shifting the old stock.........unlikely!

Quickbeam 01:04 23 Jul 2008

click here Car prices are continually monitored and corrected for every monthly publication of prices.

I would expect all small and economical cars to hold their value better with the high fuel prices.

Owners of gas guzzlers are in for a financial shock as the high road tax increases for these cars will kill the second hand market. Losses of a few thousand pounds more than expected will occur on 3 year old guzzlers, which is when a lot of drivers will expect to change them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?