Another virtual year

spikeychris 19:24 30 Dec 2005

The Internet might seem like its been around forever but it’s a relatively new thing in the great scheme of things. In the early days help was available on-line through a whole host of means – forums – newsgroups – search engines [Google didn’t own the net then] and emails.

Lot’s of you won’t recognise my username but in the early days I spent most of my virtual life here. This forum set a benchmark on the Internet, you might just think all forums were run this way – they were not. Lots were haphazard postings ending in flame wars reaching a silly conclusion.

Standards were demanded and this lead to a virtual dress code. Members were expected to conduct themselves the same way they would in the real world. A new thing on the Internet back then.

What’s this leading too? Well nothing really, just me wishing you all a happy new year and continuous success to this forum.

Chris

Chegs ®™ 20:10 30 Dec 2005

Same to you to mate,Happy New Year.

SG Atlantis® 20:40 30 Dec 2005

Happy New Year.

Big Elf 20:47 30 Dec 2005

Never heard of you but a (virtually) Happy New Year anyway.

VoG II 21:09 30 Dec 2005

Happy New Year Chris :o)

ade.h 21:14 30 Dec 2005

Hi mate, haven't seen you around here much lately. I had a look at your rogue's gallery for the first time in ages - nice to see that it's still up and running. If I ever get an acceptable pic, I might submit it!

click here for newer members who don't know what I'm on about.

watchful 21:17 30 Dec 2005

.....name rings a bell! Seen it somewhere :0)

Wishing you and yours a 'real' Happy New Year and all members old and new the same.

Chris the Ancien 21:26 30 Dec 2005

And I hope the coming year sees good results with youy OU work.

It's been soooo quiet here while you've been busy on that.

CtA

wolfie3000 22:35 30 Dec 2005

Happy new year to everyone at pca towers, FE and all the forum members.

rdave13 22:44 30 Dec 2005

Happy new year to you and your family and to all forum members and every one involved with this s ite and magazine.

To everyone else....."HOGMONEY"(right spelling?):{

Forum Editor 23:25 30 Dec 2005

good to hear from you. A Happy New Year to you and yours, too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?