Another silly statement from my local radio

pj123 17:08 07 Jun 2008

station.

The latest news and weather report.

The weather forecaster said:

"there is a medium risk of sunburn"

It has been raining here since very early this morning and is still raining now.

Earthsea 17:17 07 Jun 2008

Perhaps they meant rainburn?

Woolwell 17:23 07 Jun 2008

My local radio station weather forecaster often states that there is a risk of an odd shower. Occasional shower I've seen but perhaps they are expecting it to rain cats and dogs - hmm perhaps they are right after all!

Earthsea 17:32 07 Jun 2008

What's with all this pedantry?

'Odd' can be used perfectly correctly to mean 'occasional'.

mrwoowoo 17:34 07 Jun 2008

Oh dear..We shouldn't of destroyed the Ozone layer.We're all doomed i tell you...doomed.

Chegs ®™ 00:38 08 Jun 2008

I have encountered sunburn when the weather has been overcast.Admittedly,it wasnt in the UK but if it can happen in spain then the same could be true here.

Forum Editor 01:01 08 Jun 2008

It certainly can happen here.

jakimo 09:08 08 Jun 2008

The reflected light from white overcast clouds can cause sunburn

ened 11:06 08 Jun 2008

A couple of years ago I spent three hours (on the patio) assembling one of those flat-packs which claim to need twenty minutes!!!

I was doing it on an overcast day and the sun never came out.

That evening my shoulders and upper back were most definitely cooked and I was lucky no to have sunstroke.

Next time,if my wife insists on buying something like that, she can do it herself!

pavvi 16:36 08 Jun 2008

I have to admit to being truly awful at putting flatpacks together: the diagrams never make any sense to me, and threre's often a screw missing (or is that just me? ;)

belfman 17:49 08 Jun 2008

pavvi, it's either something missing or something left over when you think you're finished!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?