Another scam to watch out for

jimv7 10:10 25 Feb 2009

Dear friend

Good day and compliments, I know this letter will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, but I implore you to take the time to go through it carefully as the decision you make will go off a long way to determine my future and continued existence.
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am capt. J. Scott , a US Marine Capt. serving in the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment which Patrols the Anbar province, Iraq.

I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq and I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $12,570,000 (Twelve million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand US dollars) to the States or any safe country of your choice, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of Saddam Hussein's old Presidential Palaces in Tikrit Iraq,during a rescue operation,click here It was agreed by all parties present that the money be shared amongst us. This might appear as an illegal but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole. The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the pac
I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Iraq for you to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here as I have been lucky to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then endeavor to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but I pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.should you have any reason to reject this offer, please and please delete this message immediately, as any leakage of this information will be detrimental to the US soldiers here in Iraq and especially to me.

Contact me via my private box: or ([email protected]) so that I can furnish you with more details.
Respectfully,
Capt. Scott J. Wright.

tullie 10:52 25 Feb 2009

Nothing new with this scam.

perpetual motion 11:27 25 Feb 2009

jimv7" thankx for the thread anyway, about 3 yrs ago i opened a new yahoo account JUST for spam, i went a variation of forums & registered with them & that was BEFORE i opened one in this forum, & i also made comments on other websites, & sure enough the SPAM started to arrive, in fact now ive got something like 850 SPam messages & there allmost nearly all the same text,its like they are using a "Template" to send them, ive had them mostly from Africa though, i belive that if i was too add up the TOTAL amount that they was so called going to give me id have more money then Bill Gates..lol
I do feel sorry for new users to the net who are gulible to this kinda rubbish, i belive the goverment should start blocking IP's now & for once getting rid of them & if they are doing it from a Internet Cafe then the goverment should contact them & warn them to be more vigilant

Si_L 14:15 25 Feb 2009

Same old scam, different wording.

Chegs ®™ 15:31 25 Feb 2009

I've noticed an increase in spam recently,all because I started a facebook page at the request of a mate.I had told my mate I wasnt interested in any social network site,but he said it would be a good way to chat as he hadnt got access to the internet by any other means but a mobile phone.My spam mails have jumped from 3-5 per day to 15-25 per 12 hours.

john bunyan 16:31 25 Feb 2009

I hear David Blunket is stranded in Africa, having lost his wallet, and is asking people to send £3000 to help him to get home. (At least his website has apparently sent such an appeal!!!) If it had been genuine no one seems to have responded!

maco2078 22:57 25 Feb 2009

I get these and usually reply telling them that I have had many of the same emails and am now a multi, multi billionaire and I have no need of any more monies so would they please be kind enough to pass it on to people who are really poor such as those in Nigeria.

My last email was from some female who obviously assumed by my sn that I am a male Ha. She gave me a spiel so I asked her right out what it was she needed, money, love, sex, friendship, what?

Im still awaiting to hear from her.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?