Another "lottery win"

realist 10:06 15 Dec 2007

Received a very official looking letter from Correos, Malaga in the mail today informing me ,with much pleasure, that I've won £715,810 in the La Primitiva Sweepstake Lottery, being one of only seventeen international winners selected at random.

All I need do is fill out their form giving ALL my Bank details and they'll send me my winnings!

Oh dear, just noticed that a "payment of tax clearance certificate is required from every beneficiary" and my claima agent, Senor Emmanelo Gomez, gets 10% of my winnings!

Quickbeam 11:09 15 Dec 2007

Not only do they want to clear your bank account out, but they want 10% of an imaginary bugger all win!

User-1159794 11:12 15 Dec 2007

Its a small world.Who would have thought that two members of the same forum could win the same lottery at the same time.
What are the odds of that happening.
I see early retirement for me.

crosstrainer 11:16 15 Dec 2007

I had the same thing today...official looking air-mail envelope etc. etc.

Did you enter the lottery...

No.

Bin it, it's a scam that has been going around for a while.

Aah the good old day's without all this muck :)

Cymro. 12:15 15 Dec 2007

There must be a profit in these things for the people who send them. I wonder how much they actually make on such a scam?

There was a posting some time ago on this forum about junk-mail. Someone connected with the junk-mail industry posted that they only needed a 10% reply rate to make it worth their while.

No I am not thinking about going in to such a business, but as people are getting more aware of the crooks then it makes me wonder just how many are actually being born every minute these days?

crosstrainer 12:33 15 Dec 2007

Yep, if you get 1 in 10 to pay 150 e To " claim your prize" that pay's them.

money

octal 12:39 15 Dec 2007

I did post a similar one a few days ago.
click here

Bingalau 12:40 15 Dec 2007

Plus, they have all their bank details. How thick can people be?

crosstrainer 13:02 15 Dec 2007

The elderly, the vunerable, those that do not have computers, who, at this time of year regard this type of communication as a godsend.

Totally-braindead 15:16 15 Dec 2007

Congratulations, just in time for Xmas.

birdface 15:47 15 Dec 2007

Just as a matter of interest are you also a pensioner,As most of us that are receiving those letters and e-mails are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone