Another coverdisc thread

mark2 21:53 12 Feb 2008

Without wishing to belittle the cd editors choices of software to add to the CD but most months the essentials seems to consist of the usual anti spyware, utilities, winzip etc.

However this month he's excelled himself by including Ultimate boot CD for Windows. It is known as UBCD4WIN nowadays, I suppose it could best be described as a live windows cd, complete with antivirus, antirootkit, recovery programs and more utilities than you can shake a stick at.

click here for the home page and they also have a forum click here too for assistance should it be required.

Also see the microsoft documents link for the reason to not include windows in the title

Covergirl 12:51 14 Feb 2008

I think PCA has the same essentials on each month with several "Headliners". Unfortunately (and I'm not at home so can't check) one of the big 3 either PCA, PCPro or CompShopper NEVER has Audacity on the cover disc. Serious omission for those of us on Dial-Up.

RickyC :-) 12:57 14 Feb 2008

I'll put Audacity on the May issue DVD. I use it myself regularly and find it extremely useful.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

Covergirl 19:29 14 Feb 2008

Why, thank you ! Ironically, my Tiscali 2nd notification came through tonight so might be online BB stylee sometime next month :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?