Ancestry.co.uk

Coffee Adict 22:19 27 Feb 2008

Anyone else used this site today and found it behaving in an odd manner, i.e being taken to the wrong person when viewing a census file. Its happened to me about four times now.

Woolwell 22:24 27 Feb 2008

Not a problem with the one search that I have just done. Which census?

Coffee Adict 22:40 27 Feb 2008

Its the 1851 Census:
This is the name I'm viewing: William Potts
These are the names given as being in the houshold:
Amelia Wadkin 39
Ann Wadkin 77
Ann Wadkin 4
Ann Wadkin 31
No mention of William Potts. The original image is correct. If I click on Ann Wadkin 77 I get this:
William Morgan 38
William Morgan 14
William Morgan 7
William Morgan 32
William Morgan 24
William Morgan
and the parish of Tugby in Leicestershire, whereas I should be in Selby Yorkshire.
Hope that made sense, a link to a screen shot would probably explained it better, but wasn't sure about breaking their copyright rules.

Woolwell 23:03 27 Feb 2008

Hm - it seems that Ancestry have got a problem with the 1851 census. I got the same results as you with William Potts. I then tried one of my own ancestors who I have previoulsy looked up in the 1851 census and got a list of strange people in the household.

Coffee Adict 23:28 27 Feb 2008

Thanks for the feed back, thought I'd broken it. They did have a problem about four weeks ago after one of their regular updates and I couldn't access one of my trees by clicking on the name but had to click on tree view. I did email them but it took about five days to reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?