Amazon wish lists

Quickbeam 11:35 17 Feb 2011

I've had a Panasonic freeview box that I might buy on an Amazon wishlist for about 4 weeks click here I notice today that it dropped from £225 to £202, while in the retail estate shops it's still priced at £289.

Is this because the product's on the way out, or are they bartering me because I've shown an interest? And if I wait long enough, will they give me it for free... and with cash back:)

jakimo 12:14 17 Feb 2011

Play.com is matching Amazons Price(free del.)

click here

Woolwell 13:45 17 Feb 2011

"will they give me it for free... and with cash back" - I wish!

spuds 19:17 17 Feb 2011

Bit like Second Chance on eBay. The retailers probably got a shed full and wants to get rid quick, to interested parties only ;o)

Snec 19:59 17 Feb 2011

I think they may be trying to unload these before the standard becomes HD. They will not record HD and also they only have a single tuner anyway.

I don't many people will be buying these now.

Quickbeam 08:28 18 Feb 2011

"...before the standard becomes HD"
That's why I still haven't took the offer up. Despite my negative input on the PCA HD poll, I find myself thinking that I should buy one with HD because it's the future.

Dragon_Heart 02:30 20 Feb 2011

Our Freeview box /recorder died so looked for new one. £120 to 180 upwards so tried refurb outlets and got one for £60 :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?