AMAZON AT ITS BEST

MAT ALAN 16:23 22 Dec 2009

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk and for bringing this to our attention.

It does appear that something may have gone awry with the delivery of your order #***-*******-*******- the package should have reached you by now.

In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at Amazon.co.uk is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have not met that standard. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I have now placed a new order #***-*******-******* for the same item "**** ******: **** - ******** ******* (***)" to be sent to the same delivery address:

We will post it to you as soon as possible at no additional charge.

As your original order was placed using our Super Saver Delivery method, I have upgraded your replacement to Express Delivery to ensure you receive it as soon as possible before Christmas, at no extra charge to you.

customer service of the highest order...

Seth Haniel 16:26 22 Dec 2009

in the first place ;)

used a lot in the last couple months -all arrived safe and prompt - no qualms with them here :)

Pamy 16:29 22 Dec 2009

That's what customer service should be, let's hope others follow their example.

MAT ALAN 16:32 22 Dec 2009

pity they lost it
in the first place ;)

not sure that they did after some email enquiry's , seems it is somewhere in the "royal mail" ether. might get it for me birthday yet, thats only in april...

canarieslover 16:34 22 Dec 2009

I have always found my dealings with Amazon to be excellent and would not hesitate to recommend them. They always keep you informed and problems are dealt with in a way that is intended to make the customer feel appreciated. Having spent many years in retail I know that that is the best way to keep a customer on your side even when deliveries are going wrong.

LinH 17:21 22 Dec 2009

Yes, Amazon certainly sets a high standard. Usually, as a company gets bigger it's customer service deteriorates somewhat, but Amazon seems to buck that trend. Hope it continues that way.

LinH

interzone55 17:44 22 Dec 2009

I've just had the same email today regarding a lost parcel I reported this morning.

Once again Amazon take the lead in customer service, maybe they have some ex-John Lewis staff in their upper management...

morddwyd 21:18 22 Dec 2009

Even better - I've just had an e-mail advising me of a refund for a delivery I did not get, which I have not even reported yet (not 28 days).

Reason for the refund is "Wrong Item Sent"!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone