Am I a menace to other motorists.

bumpkin 21:32 07 Sep 2013

I dont use motorways that often but every time I use the M25 it becomes a car park.

Quickbeam 21:34 07 Sep 2013

It's no problem at all so long you buy a parking ticket on entry.

Jwbjnwolf 21:36 07 Sep 2013

ROFL Quickbeam

bumpkin 22:41 07 Sep 2013

Quickbeam, I would not mind if it was short stay but it a compulsory long stay arrangement with no option to leave.

bumpkin 22:49 07 Sep 2013

Here is a good idea that the police should pick up on, for a tenner you can use the hard shoulder and get off at the next junction plus the fine of course.

wiz-king 08:49 08 Sep 2013

The M25 is London's largest carpark.

Aitchbee 09:29 08 Sep 2013

If you're stuck in a jam, you can always put some music on.

'Stuck In a Jam' Music

Forum Editor 09:33 08 Sep 2013

"The M25 is London's largest carpark."

It's actually a godsend to people who, like me, need to get around the perimeter of London, rather than crossing it. I use it a lot, and yes, it carries a huge volume of traffic so yes, at times you slow to a crawl, or sometimes stop altogether.

Without the M25 London would simply not work, however, so despite it's shortcomings it is exactly what I said - a godsend.

fourm member 09:34 08 Sep 2013

I know it has been said before but there is a very easy solution to traffic congestion. The chap in front has to give up using his car.

fourm member 09:37 08 Sep 2013

To return to the key point, or what I think is the key point of the thread, you aren't automatically a menace just because you don't use the motorway regularly. As long as you know both what is supposed to happen and have some sense of what actually happens.

Forum Editor 09:46 08 Sep 2013

"As long as you know both what is supposed to happen and have some sense of what actually happens."

Good advice, and something that someone should tell my satnav system. It thinks that the M25 is the road to everywhere, so it tries to route me onto it at every opportunity. Years of driving in and around London have provided me with a personal database of short-cuts and (relatively) traffic-free work-arounds however, and at times it is very irritating to be told to 'turn around, as you are going in the wrong direction'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?