For All Of You Night Owls

Aitchbee 23:42 06 May 2017
Answered

The Dawn Chorus on Radio4 from 1 am - till the wee hours of the morning.

click here

rdave13 01:23 07 May 2017

Hear the cacophony every two weeks when I arrive to work at 0515. Does you heed in Scotsman.

john bunyan 05:20 07 May 2017

Been listening since 4.15!!

Quickbeam 05:41 07 May 2017
Answer

I hear it now with no complaints. If I swap to the front bedroom I get the boy racer and bus chorus... back bedroom for me for the last 40 years!

wee eddie 11:42 07 May 2017

I gave up after the Flamingos. When do they sleep?

Forum Editor 12:07 07 May 2017

I hear the dawn chorus every morning - I love it. It's something that takes me straight back to being a twelve-year-old, walking into Hinchley Wood very early in the morning when I was staying with my grandparents during school holidays.

The dawn chorus was almost deafening, and to me it seemed magical. The chorus where I live now is not on the same scale, but it's uplifting, nevertheless.

Cymro. 12:51 08 May 2017

Living as I do in a rural area we also hear the evening chorus. So anyone know if the birds that sing at sunset are the same as those that sing at dawn?

Aitchbee 22:28 08 May 2017

Quickbeam, on the subject of front or back bedrooms, I've noticed that a family of starlings have opted for a front-facing sunny outlook [front bedroom] in the well-sheltered eaves of a house which has a bus stop and other amenities about five metres from the nest. The human residents don't seem to mind, although it gets rather noisy at feeding time.

john bunyan 06:40 09 May 2017

Anyone who has spent time in jungles, such as in parts of East Malaysia, will remember the deafening nose at dawn and dusk from howler monkeys.

Forum Editor 07:58 09 May 2017

john bunyan

And the racket from frogs during the monsoon.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?