All my Christmases have come at once or have they?

Cymro. 13:14 03 Sep 2008

Well I just could not resist it could I, no sooner had I checked my Emails than I was downloading this new Google Chrome thing.

As usual and being the fool that I am don`t bother to read any instructions, Instructions are for wimps.

So it downloads without any problem, and boy o boy just look at all those clever little things you can add to it. Don`t they just look great, I have no idea what on earth most of them are for but never mind they still look good on the old desktop.

So where do I go from here then? well I have already started to get rid of some of the clever little gadgets that I never even knew what were for and at least my whole system has not crashed as yet. I just hope that my system restore is in good working order these days.

O how I love to tinker and on a day like we are having over here what better way to spend my time. So how was it for you all then?

Stuartli 13:35 03 Sep 2008

I wouldn't rate any new browser's arrival as representing all my Christmases rolled into one...:-))

Cymro. 13:40 03 Sep 2008

"I wouldn't rate any new browser's arrival as representing all my Christmases rolled into one...:-))"

Perhaps that is why I ended the title of my post as "or have they?"

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:44 03 Sep 2008

Thankfully, I cannot raise any enthusiasm over a new browser/operating system/mail client.

G

Cymro. 13:51 03 Sep 2008

"Thankfully, I cannot raise any enthusiasm over a new browser/operating system/mail client".

Perhaps you have been in to computing too long or are not as easily pleased as me.

charmingman 13:57 03 Sep 2008

Yeah ive just installed it, first glance looks plain but intresting...there's a few things im not sure of yet like where's the fav's that ive stored from previous browser..? but again i need to spend more time on it....im sure other members will give us more feedback....

charmingman 14:02 03 Sep 2008

OH BY THE WAY

It loads like lightning much MUCH faster than any other browser..!!!

oldbeefer2 15:07 03 Sep 2008

Bottom of this page click here

charmingman 15:15 03 Sep 2008

"oldbeefer2"
Cheers...!!! ;-)

rawprawn 16:48 03 Sep 2008

Sorry to spoil your fun
click here
Courtesy of technotiger

Forum Editor 17:12 03 Sep 2008

is like a breath of fresh air, and based on my use of it for 24 hours I'm very impressed. I've been using the Internet Explorer 8 beta for the same length of time and I wish I could say the same about it....but I can't.

It's early days, and Microsoft still has a good deal of work to do. I'm making no final decisions yet, but if things are still looking the same in a few weeks time I would say that Google has something to be proud of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?