An all English Final or not?

Acx 09:41 29 Apr 2008

Champions League semi finals (second leg) tonight and tomorrow

My prediction for the final.
Man Utd V Liverpool

But as a Man Utd supporter am I being a bit bias?

Bingalau 09:58 29 Apr 2008

As an Evertonian I will shout for Chelsea.

dan** 10:24 29 Apr 2008

Are there any English players in either squad?

Maybe 2-2

That's English players per side.;-)

Acx 10:39 29 Apr 2008

Bingalau

If Chelsea hadn't beat us 2-1 on Saturday I might of as well, but they did so I wont (thought I would get that out of the way before someone else mentioned it).

anskyber 10:43 29 Apr 2008

Barcelona could sneak it, they were by far the better side in the first leg and have more natural talent available.

It's not over yet.

darrenrichie 10:54 29 Apr 2008

Home tie is an advantage. Gonna be amazing atmosphere but I just get the feeling that United are feeling the pressure a bit. Hope they keep it together and I reckon it will be 2-1 to United. Then I think it will be Chelsea in the final because I don't think Liverpool will overcome the Stamford Bridge record.

georgemac © 11:49 29 Apr 2008

I am a Man Utd fan, and my concern is that some of our main players look a little jaded to me,and perhaps carrying niggling little injuries, and may have played too many games over the last wee while, and Barcelona are an excellent side. The defeat by Chelsea on Saturday will not have helped as there is now increased pressure in the last 2 league games.

I think both games are in the balance and could go either way, I just hope they are good entertaining matches with plenty good football.

I have been a huge fan of Alex Ferguson since he was Aberdeen manager in the eighties, and I would really like him to be able to get his hands on the European cup for the 2nd time. He has been a fantastic manager for both Aberdeen and Man Utd.

And I disagree with him, it was a penalty for Chelsea on Saturday.

Noldi 12:11 29 Apr 2008

Chelsea have not lost at home since the year dot. Man U didnt get the away goal so have to score minimium 2 tonight to make sure and with Mr Rooney and Vidic not looking fit?.

Just hope Drogba and Ballack are mates again

Noldi

Brighton Fan (just missed the play offs L1)

wellshgit 12:22 29 Apr 2008

I too am a Man U fan and hope they reach the final. Liverpool seem to do well in Europe, and if they reach the final it should be an exciting game whoever they play, but my money is on Man u to win both titles.

Si_L 12:30 29 Apr 2008

"Barcelona could sneak it, they were by far the better side in the first leg and have more natural talent available."

They had the possesion but did nothing with it. Utd certainly deserved the win there, 3 clear penalties but only one given too. Barca have talent, no doubt about that, but they are a group of individuals, not a team.

Prediction - Man Utd 3-0
Tommorows game: Chelsea on penalties

Legolas 12:36 29 Apr 2008

Don't forgot St Mirren Fergie done a good job their as well I was at the game when St Mirren got promoted to the Premier League great atmosphere, great manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?