Alitalia Almost Bankrupt..

tein 00:34 19 Sep 2008

I feel so much for these, they tried so hard to secure a deal that would save all those jobs,
But the talks failed & there now about to be bankrupt...its for certain..

thats about the 5th large airline gone under in nearly as many weeks..

click here

ronalddonald 07:28 19 Sep 2008

lets face it the price of oil is on the up. There are two wars actually more wars if you include civil wars taking place. The unions dont want any redunancies for the airline.

When the New bush started this new war, my contract for employment ended due to downsizing. They said the previous bush the one from the 1990's war taught them that before a war or just during the war begins its prudent for them to downsize, by getting rid of temping staff.

Wars have caused economic problems even global ones. In the 1991 when went on atrip to europe it was college trip. On the way back the travel firm that had provided the holiday trip foldedon the very same night we returned. We were lucky but even then others werent so lucky.

ronalddonald 07:29 19 Sep 2008

did Airline now that they may go under or about tot go under.

medicine hat 12:49 19 Sep 2008

This airline gives airlines a bad name. These unions give unions a bad name. I cannot understand why they don't agree to the 3000 redunancies. Surely thats better than absolutely everyone losing their job. They were even striking the other day causing more flights to be cancelled. I won't cry over their demise. It will free up the routes to properly run airlines, rather than one that doesn't care about losing €2million each day

Stuartli 13:12 19 Sep 2008

Alitalia, as rightly pointed out, has been losing money for a long time; in fact only the Italian government has kept it going for so long.

version8 10:13 20 Sep 2008

With the cost of fuel up by 40% in the last year more airlines will find the on-going situation more difficult to operate in.
More will go to the wall in the next few months, some will even be big airlines.

The cost of aviation fuel even bought in bulk & the current costs will cripple some airlines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?