Al Martino - 1st No. 1

morddwyd 09:32 14 Oct 2009

Al Martino has died

click here

Another bit of my youth gone.

jakimo 14:16 14 Oct 2009

Have you made your arrangements yet? ,..or like me, have decided your not going

morddwyd 20:02 14 Oct 2009

I've got more friends who have gone than not gone (present company excepted, of course!), so joining them is not too great a problem!

octal 22:21 14 Oct 2009

That's a shame, I remember all his records, not that I was a fan, but he was very popular in his time, my mum liked him :)

Stuartli 23:03 14 Oct 2009

Al Martino had a wonderful, powerful voice and made it all seem so easy; Sir Terry rightly lauded him this morning.

Michael Buble is another great artiste who makes singing appear absolutely effortless.

Condom 23:25 17 Oct 2009

I've just finished putting together a collection of all the No 1 hits from 1953 up to Dec 2008. Its amazing how few No 1's there were in the earlier days compared to nowadays where it often changes every week. I really must get out more. For anyone of the same age group as myself the No1 's for 1953 were Al Martino-Here in my heart, Jo Stafford-You belong to me, Kay Starr-Comes along a love, Eddie Fisher-Outside of heaven, Perry Como-Don't let the stars get in your eyes, Guy Mitchel-She wears red feathers, Stargazers-Broken wings, Lita Rosa-How much is that doggie in the window, Frankie Lane-I believe, Eddie Fisher-I'm walking behind you, Mantovani-The Moulin Rouge theme, Guy Mitchel-Lookat that girl, Frankie Lane-Hey Joe, David Whitfield-Answer me, Frankie Lane-Answer me.

When UK singer Lita Rosa died last year it only left Kay Starr who I believe still occasionally performs in the USA.

morddwyd 04:22 18 Oct 2009

And they all got there without any raunchy videos!

Bingalau 10:33 18 Oct 2009

Try this site for checking up on all sorts of the good oldies click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?