Al Fayed given oil wells payout

peter99co 11:42 25 Jul 2008

Not bad for some is it?

click here

Bingalau 11:50 25 Jul 2008

I wonder if those oil rigs out in the Mersey Estuary are sucking out vast amounts of oil from under my house...?

spuds 14:15 25 Jul 2008

You need to own Harrods to find out ;o)

Chegs ®™ 15:14 25 Jul 2008

Ludicrous! Trespass by being below his land? Then what about all the electricity cables/water pipes,etc under everyones property,is Al Fayed going to demand a payment for these too?

Forum Editor 16:03 25 Jul 2008

What electricity cables and water pipes? If you have any under your property they are supplying you with services - there aren't any others, and certainly no trespass.

laurie53 19:49 25 Jul 2008

If it's below his land it's his oil (assuming he owns the mineral rights) and he's perfectly entitled to be be paid for it, whether he's a millionaire or some poor crofter.

Since the extractors knew what they were doing they're lucky not to be done for theft.

spuds 20:01 25 Jul 2008

Try telling that to the old coal board, or perhaps the water boards :O)

VCR97 20:10 25 Jul 2008

The court ruled the company had trespassed on Mr Al Fayed's land.

But Mr Justice Peter Smith said Mr Al Fayed had no claim to the oil itself, which belonged to the Crown.

Stuartli 10:22 26 Jul 2008

The "oil rig" you see from the Formby and Southport areas is, to the best of my knowledge, a gas rig; this is also the case of the rigs off the Lancashire coast in the Blackpool and Morecambe areas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?