For al the cat lovers out there

Bingalau 12:47 27 Apr 2009
  Quickbeam 12:53 27 Apr 2009

Cats on steroids, but most here seem to despise them. Especially FE;)

Bingalau 13:36 27 Apr 2009

I'm not a lover of cats myself, but I know there are some on here who are. I am thinking of one of our female journalist types. Anyway even a non cat lover would think these are funny.

Seth Haniel 15:17 27 Apr 2009
  Forum Editor 16:36 27 Apr 2009

I have nothing against either of them in principle, and I've had dogs for most of my life, although not at present.

What gets me going is people who seem to think that cats are capable of higher thought processes, and possess special powers of some kind. I've lost count of the times I've heard people talk about their cats as if the animal was almost human.

Cats are animals, and will rapidly desert you, once you stop feeding them. Anyone who pretends that a cat is capable of 'loving' its owner is living in Lala land as far as I'm concerned. Cats want food and warmth, and as long as you provide both you'll have a contented animal, and that's that. It won't 'love' you at all. Humans are the ones doing the loving.

WhiteTruckMan 17:18 27 Apr 2009

Anybody want to swap recipe's?

WTM

Bapou 17:39 27 Apr 2009

I'm no cat lover either although their antics can be funny as in your video link.

Unfortunately on many a night we get this kind of cat nuisance in our back garden - click here

Then they are not so funny!

interzone55 21:43 27 Apr 2009
  jack 08:42 28 Apr 2009

'What gets me going is people who seem to think that cats are capable of higher thought processes, and possess special powers of some kind'

'The special powers' aspect I agree with - but I have to assert that Cats and Dogs do think and work things out. One only has to see them at play, perticularly cats who will spend time with their play things 'setting up a game'
This is not to say they think on a high plane any more then say a cricket out fielder counciously indulges in trigonometry as he runs to the spot where a high ball will descend and gets his hand is place to pluck the ball from the air - but that is exactly what he is doing.
And so it is with predatory animals - they set the trap- and that takes thought.

What about love and affection
Can you see it here?

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

Armchair 10:01 28 Apr 2009

ide both you'll have a contented animal.

Much the same as people, then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?