AH "At Last" we see some common Sense been used by the police!

Autoschediastic 13:10 07 Sep 2011

Well done to the police! this poor guy was truly innocent in every way possible...

Story Here

dagbladet 13:15 07 Sep 2011

I've no doubt that the police exercise common sense every day. In this case it is the CPS who have made this decision.

Autoschediastic 13:26 07 Sep 2011

fourm member very good point! but in this instance the robber was in the act of robbery i believe which pushed MR Coley to the absolute extremes of doing what he did,

dagbladet "I've no doubt that the police exercise common sense every day" I'm not sure i fully agree with you there, i was burgled and some ten years ago & although i had solid physical evidence with finger prints on the item of the known burglar i was told over the phone by the police "We will be with you within 20 mins and take the evidence & bash his door down after we've checked it" well 10 years on i am still waiting? i was let down completely i felt no common sense was used in my case...but thats just my personal opinion..

interzone55 14:40 07 Sep 2011

Autoschediastic

Your case isn't a lack of common sense, it's either not following procedure, or too busy with other work and your case being pushed down the pile until it was lost.

dagbladet is entirely correct, the police show common sense all the time, arresting Mr Coley was the correct and proper procedure, because as fourm member says, it could have been something other than a robbery, and failing to arrest someone who had stabbed a person to death would have been gross negligence.

At the end of the day it is never the police who decide whether someone is to be prosecuted, it's the Crown Prosecution Service.

morddwyd 20:31 07 Sep 2011

Who, unfortunately, have targets to meet

Autoschediastic 23:13 07 Sep 2011

Alan14 yeah i agree looking at it like that, i maybe had looked at it wrong! still ten years on the guy who i caught was let off scot free and never charged..thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?