after StoneHenge

Sethhaniel 12:40 14 Dec 2006

save 'the Hill Of Tara'/skryne Valley ... the Chief Druid...about what The Hill Of Tara and the Skryne Valley means to Irish ...

click here

Irish government wwnt to steamroller M3 motorway through 6000 year old site

save it petition click here

Sethhaniel 09:55 15 Dec 2006

click here

What we can do:-
click here

season8 10:15 15 Dec 2006

Is this all about the upgrading of the A303 going past Stonehenge?
Well it's been on-going for 20 years or more, those who complain about it seem not to be those who get stuck in the bottle neck around Stonehenge daily.

Sethhaniel 10:19 15 Dec 2006

No its about the 'Hill of Tara' -

and any road in Britain is a bottle neck at the moment -but doesn't give the Government rights to destroy ancient monuments/cultures/etc,.

;)

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:22 15 Dec 2006

??????????????????????????

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:23 15 Dec 2006

ps...AFAIK Stonehenge is not in Ireland.

G

tony58 20:20 15 Dec 2006

AFAIK ?enlighten me please

anskyber 20:20 15 Dec 2006

As far as I know.

chocolate cake 22:47 15 Dec 2006

sethaniel
Petition signed thank you. One of these days I would like to visit Ireland and would prefer to see the monument without a road.

The A303 cuts through a good part of the ring ditch that surrounds Stonehenge so I don't really see what the bypass is supposed to do for the site other than improve the traffic flow; the damage to the site is irreparable.

vinnyT 10:46 16 Dec 2006

"the damage to the site is irreparable." the local probably said that as stonehnge was being delivered/erected.

chocolate cake 14:26 16 Dec 2006

vinnyT
Are you suggesting that since the builders didn't get planning permission we should tear down Stonehenge. If so I have an alternative, more radical solution - any building or development older than 100 years should be torn down and returned to it's natural condition. Let's start with London!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?