After Nine Long Years....

ajm 00:40 19 Mar 2009

I have been made redundanct from PC World. In my time there I have had the opportunity in knowing and meeting a few of the PC Advisor Forum Members, including Peter Thomas, the Forum Editor.

I have had the opportunity to assist a few PC Advisor Forum members in relation to issues or problems that they have had with PC World. It was very satisfying for me when their problems got resolved.

One chapter of my life has closed and I am hoping the next chapter will be better than the last.

I will, of course, advise anyone in this forums, if they are experiencing any issues with PC World, to the best of my ability.

Kev.Ifty 01:11 19 Mar 2009

Best Wishes to to ajm. I hope you find new employment, as I am sure with your skills you will.

Cheers

laurie53 07:19 19 Mar 2009

Good luck with the job hunt.

Brumas 08:52 19 Mar 2009

I'm sure as 'one door closes another will open' and that you will find suitably rewarding employment, all the best.

oresome 09:09 19 Mar 2009

If the company is giving any assistance with finding new employment, take them up on the offer.

I'm thinking of courses to hone your interview techniques and complete job application forms etc.

Nine years is a long time if you haven't been attending job interviews in that period and you will be rusty.

Best of luck.

peter99co 09:23 19 Mar 2009

A Nottingham chap lost his job and now walks 4 miles to the job centre to find 100 people compete with him for each job. The Job Centres are now increasing their staff to cope. He has applied for one of the posts. Hope you don't find yourself in this situation!

Best of Luck.

perpetual motion 09:25 19 Mar 2009

ajm a very nice outro & i wish you all the best but dont forget us...

carver 10:57 19 Mar 2009

Not very nice to here of some one losing their job, just hope that you find employment quickly.

Best of luck.

Forum Editor 17:35 19 Mar 2009

to you, ajm, together with my thanks for all the help you've provided here over the years. On the occasions that we met in PC World I found you to be unfailingly courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful, and I'm indebted to you for the assistance you provided, both to myself and to some of my clients when they visited the store.

PC World is losing a valuable asset in my opinion. I wish you all the best in your new working life, and we'll look forward to your continued presence here, when you have any spare time.

Cymro. 11:15 20 Mar 2009

Well there you are ajm one very good reference already for you. I would print out FE comments they may well be useful to you.

ajm 22:35 22 Mar 2009

everyone for your kind wishes. Peter, it was indeed a pleasure assisting you and your clients.

I am looking forward to providing this same level of service through my own IT support business and to date, I have had a lot of encouragement and support from my family and everyone I know.

It will not be easy, especially in this current economic climate.

I, of course, will be a frequent, if mostly silent, visitor to these forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?